Tuesday, December 14, 2010

City City Bang Bang-Part 1



How do you feel when you are going to land in a place known as city of dreams, the IT capital of the world, the silicon valley of Asia, the epicentre of Indian White collared youth brigade???? Ecstatic, isn't it like that? Well, so did I. But awfully, it occurred to me differently. Here is the story.

On a seemingly cold Friday morning I left my place, Bhilwara- the Manchester of Asia (don’t know whether it still meets that reputation) and headed for my first ever job centred at Bangalore (I love this name, don’t know why people changed it to Bengaluru ). I was scheduled to board the train from New Delhi at 9.30 pm the same day. My journey till the national capital was slated to pause at Jaipur, which is precisely 5 hrs journey from Bhilwara. Form there on; I was supposed to take another Bus for Delhi which again generally takes 5.5 hrs. Therefore, knowing the time distance equation I was well off with my travel plan leaving Bhilwara by 8 am. This was how it all started.

During the first half of my journey to Delhi, I enjoyed what I always do. I slept for complete 3 hrs absolutely ignoring the need to keep a check on my valuable luggage I was carrying along. Anyways after satisfying my diurnal sleep pattern, I profoundly found everything in place and safe when I reached Jaipur. Everything was going fine till I committed a felony. I confused Rajasthan Roadways to be a follower of Indian standard time (which is consensually taken across the nation as 5 min back of time shown in watches). Just when there were 3 minutes left in scheduled departure of the bus, I intended to take a cold drink and got out the bus. That was no brainer; the bus was half empty till then. And you know, they never ride the bus till it is suffocated to its beastly capacity. But who knows when luck is in a naughty mood.

The core of my crime was that I left the sight of the bus. I just took 2 mins to come and was left aghast to find that the bus was missing the scene. Totally flabbergasted, I pleaded the ticket booker to find out any way to catch the departed bus. All my certificates and my purse were inside the luggage. Mercilessly and to utter ridicule, the ticket booker grinned and joked: Bhaiyye, Bus to Gayi. He ..he...he. I somehow maintained my calm, grabbing the complexity of the situation and still asked him if there was anything that could help me catch the bus. He now retorted with a not so humble reply: humari galti he kya? Aage wali bus jayegi 5 min baad, usme baith jao. Agar naseeb hoga to aage wali bus raste me mil jayegi. I just blindly followed what he said. Now, the most intelligent thing I did here was that I called my Dad and explained him the situation. He relaxed me and told me to wait till his next directions. I kept alarming the driver to go as fast as he could, but he never seemed bothered. I even lured him for monetary benefits but to no goods. Just then I received my dad’s call. He told me that the target bus was waiting for me at a station 5 Km from city station and that I should reach there as early as I could. Luckily, we got there in time and I had the glimpse of the bus from a distance. I left the carrier and ran to catch the sought one. Just as I entered the bus, the passengers started yelling at me. Are you some minister’s son? Are we fools that we can wait for anybody who is not sane enough to keep a watch on his boarded bus? You have wasted our time. I admitted with a gallop of disgust and shame. But somewhere down, my heart was rejoicing the salvage of my maiden journey en route to my career. I pretended to be shaky but exploited the hidden celebration. During the last half an hour, I could sense each of my nerve stretched to extremes and lived the moments of profound misery.

I placated as they say, all is well that ends well. But it didn't end here since I had no idea hitherto what my soul was about to experience in the next part of my journey.

Are you taking it closely? Are you anxious to know what happened next? The next blog answers all. Stay tuned.

12 comments:

  1. Dear Munish,

    Its great to read your blog. Thank god you managed to get back your lagauge.You are really a mystery writer. Eager to know the later part of the story.
    Regards
    Shravan Gupta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful headline, good language as always, extremely nice. seems your English has taken a high after going to Bangalore.and the blog is too exciting......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm Munish, i can still remember my mom's word-'Beta agar neeche utre to conductor ko ya driver ko kah kar utarna'. Good one, especially in end you found all you things safe.
    Nicely written, enjoyed reading.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great is the word. nice experience honestly told straight from heart. why don't you write a book???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Munish,

    Firstly hats off to your writing skills and vocabulary. I must say u had an adventurous journey, no fun without adventures ;). Eagerly waiting for your next blog. U should try ur hand at writing a book, u nvr knw u cn b d nxt Chetan Bhagat :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shravan: Thanks bro for your wishes. I relish your praise.

    Neetu: Thanks and keep following yar.

    Kamal: Dude, you managed time for me, thanks.

    Pragati: Hey, am an amateur writer yar and at the same time have so many other fishes to fry. But you made my day with such accolades.

    Aarohi: Hey, great to have you read my blog. So you found it interesting? Believe me, I found penning it in similar emotion. Just stay tuned, shall post the sequel shortly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Munish,
    Agree with Kaml's comment but "Jab hota he tab sbhe bhul jate hin.." Good that you got your documents.
    I enjoyed your blog. You had written this blog like a prolific writer.
    Keep it up. Best of luck.
    Satyawan Malhan(RM)

    ReplyDelete
  8. simply great man....i feel that i can improve my vocab by this only..all the words nicely placed in position as they were intended to be..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Munish,
    Amazing work once again...It really gives a pleasure to read your blog.I too feel like writing again...left long time back...
    But your complete blog was just awesome...Great story-telling approach...keep it up!!! post d part 2 asap

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ruchi: Hey , you are always an inspiration buddy. You write well too. Just shed away your inertia and get into writing again. Soon posting part 2.

    Satya: Bro, miss you and our giggs. My best roomie so far.

    Ashish: Thanks Bro. Feel high reading your praises.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hahaha.....Bhilwara to Bangluru.....If not a movie an interesting blog....Amazing and expensive it seems with full of adventure.

    ReplyDelete